Mines Action Canada is pleased to announce that we are now actively recruiting for summer student positions.
These positions will support Mines Action Canada’s humanitarian disarmament work ensuring that the rights of victims of armed violence are respected and that humanitarian considerations are including in disarmament discussions.
PLEASE note that the DEADLINE for applications is MAY 30, 2016.
Mines Action Canada is hiring two eight (8) week positions through the Canada Summer Jobs program of the Government of Canada. These positions will be based at the Mines Action Canada office in Ottawa, Ontario.
Canada Summer Jobs provides funding to help employers create summer job opportunities for students. It is designed to focus on local priorities, while helping both students and their communities.
Canada Summer Jobs:
- provides work experiences for students;
- supports organizations, including those that provide important community services; and
- recognizes that local circumstances, community needs and priorities vary widely.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must be:
- Canadian citizens or permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
- between the age of 15 and 30 inclusive;
- have been registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
- intend to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
- available for the duration of the placement (approximately June – August depending on start date);
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
Compensation: $11.25 per hour and 37.5 hours a week for 8 weeks
1. Read the eligibility criteria above thoroughly and make sure you qualify!
2. Check out the job descriptions linked above carefully.
3. Email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 May 2016. Please confirm that you meet the eligibility criteria in your application.
Have an inquiry? E-mail Ms. Erin Hunt, Program Coordinator at email@example.com.
Please circulate this announcement widely within your networks.
Project undertaken with the financial support of the Government of Canada provided through Canada Summer Jobs, a component of the Youth Employment Strategy.